Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Eight Annika-isms

I am always forgetting that someday I won't be able to remember all of the unique little things that Annika says and does right now, unless I record them. Here are some of our recent favorites, in no particular order.

  1. Annika heard me talking on the phone way too much in the last week (organizing for MOPS). When she picks up a phone (real or pretend), she now says, "Heyo, Dis is Eyen. Hi, Eyen!" I've also heard her saying, "Dis is Eyen Nasper."
  2. Annika likes to wear my shoes, pick up a bag like it's a purse, and say, "Bye-bye! See you nater! Have a dood time!" If I ask where she's going, she says, "I'm doin' to turch!" She will then make a game of saying, "I'm doin' to turch!", then walk away and come back, saying, "I'm not still doin' to turch."
  3. A variation on the above: last night she told her baby doll, "Dood night, baby. Have a dood time, baby."
  4. Annika can recite almost all of A Potty for Me. She knows what words come next when she sees the pictures.
  5. Annika likes to recite numbers. She says them mostly in order, maybe skipping a few, and once she gets past eleven she mixes them up and usually loops back to do 1-10 again. She also sometimes includes Joleene ("doneen") as a number.
  6. To our complete surprise, she knows the alphabet song. We haven't made a point of singing it with her or trying to teach it, but she has an annoying little puppy toy that sings it. Lately we've heard her singing it (reciting, really--no real tune yet).
  7. Speaking of singing, she likes to "sing" along to "Five Little Ducks," Rockabye Baby," "Jesus Loves Me," and more. I hope to put up some video of this soon. She sort of draws out the words and sometimes attempts to vary the pitch.
  8. At this moment, she's squirming on the ground, telling her daddy, "I swimming!" She and Cousin Ely were doing this same thing together a couple weeks ago.

That's all I'm remembering at the moment. Must do better at recording more of these things as they happen!

No comments: