Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Happy Birthday, Annika



Our Baby Girl is two! (It was official on the 13th, but she's still saying "I'm gonna have a birthday", so I can still blog about it, right?)

We're coming on Thanksgiving now, and Annika gives us so much to be thankful for. Here are a few things:

--A house full of songs and chatter. She is always singing now, and we haven't gotten over thinking it's unbelievably cute. The funniest thing to me is when she breaks into a medley. She had one going last week that started with "Jesus Loves Me" and morphed into "Where is Thumbkin?"
--Precociousness that keeps us laughing and amazed. Zac and I are constantly saying, "Did you hear what she just said?" Yesterday she told me that Mrs. Potatohead was frustrated. (I had been reflecting feelings for her earlier in the day like a good mommy :-) )
--Spontaneous kisses, hugs, and "I love you, Mommy."
--The feeling that we must be doing an okay job, because we have a pretty great kid.
--Time . . . time for books, legos, walks, songs . . . time to slow down and watch a spider on its web or the hummingbirds in the yard. It can be frustrating the way kids force us to slow down, but mostly it's a blessing.

Annika, you are so far the best gift I have ever received. I will always thank God for you!

1 comment:

Espi, Lisa and Isabella said...

Hurray for 2! Happy Birthday Annika :) She blows me away with how much of a big girl she is - don't you feel like you could burst with love everyday :)