Thursday, December 6, 2007

A Morning Out

Here are some pictures from our morning on Tuesday, when we enjoyed free admission to some of the museums in Balboa Park.

Here's Annika at the Kid City section of the Reuben H. Fleet Science Center. She's been there a few time before, but it had been a long time and I don't know whether she remembered.



She had fun opening and closing the windows on her little house, until she jammed her fingers in the door and needed rescuing. She also enjoyed playing with a grocery-style conveyor belt and some gigantic tinker toy blocks. What she most wanted to do was sit at the little computer stations they had, but since she wasn't really doing anything on the computers (they're intended for older kids), I didn't want to let her hog them. If she'd had her choice, I think she would have spent all of her time at the computers.

Next, we headed over to the Model Railroad Museum. This was our first time there; it's kind of hidden away and I had never known how to get there before. We had fun watching the miniature trains go by on the tracks. There was also a play area, where Annika go to try out some Thomas the Train sets.



We found a spot outside near the fountain to have our lunch, and Annika decided to take her stroller for a little walk. The girl is tall!



As you can see, it was a beautiful December morning.

No comments: