Sunday, May 4, 2008

It's a . . . .

Don't worry, we didn't have the baby yet.

We weren't really planning to have an ultrasound with this pregnancy, but we decided last week to check on the baby's growth since my uterus was measuring small. Our midwife wasn't overly concerned, but we decided it would be nice to have some reassurance that the baby was growing properly. Once we had the opportunity, we couldn't resist finding out the baby's sex.

[drumroll . . . . . . . . . . . .]





It's a girl! That is, she's a girl. That's one reason I like knowing--we can use pronouns now, and not "it."

I'll spare you the proof (and spare our little girl the future embarrassment), but suffice it to say, the image was quite clear and we're pretty certain she's a girl.

And no worries about her growth--she appears to be right on target. Apparently I just carry a baby lower than the average woman.

She certainly looks like a Nesper baby! Annika was born with her face already well filled out, and Baby Sister looks like she may be following in her footsteps.



Now to come up with a name. We're pretty clueless this time. Ideas, anyone?

6 comments:

Joab Meyer said...

First, congrats on 10 years! I remember your wedding well! Praise God! And praise God for another little girl! Names...I have many ideas- here they are: Abigail, Audrey, Emily ;), Elaine, Ruby, Lillian, Eden to just name a few. I love girl names!

Kyle said...

We had a hard enough time coming up with one perfect girl's name. You'll find out what it is tomorrow.

allisonwardrip said...

How exciting!! Congrats on having another little girl! It will be great for Annika to have a sister.

Chip and Sara said...

Yea! That's so very, very exciting! We can't wait to meet her!
I can't think of any girl names right now. Hmmm -- I'll have to think on that one!
Chip and Sara

Michelle said...

Yay! I'm so happy for you!

Janine said...

Yay for girls! I have fun reading your blog from time to time. Lila is favorite girls name of mine (and one I couldn't use b/c it's too close to Lily).
:) - Janine