Monday, August 18, 2008

Smiles!


Katia is 6 weeks old today. Time has flown by! I wish I had taken more pictures. I was amazed by how little she was at birth. I forgot how quickly she would grow! She is approaching 12 pounds.
Katia is proving to be a very mellow baby. She still sleeps most of the day and night, but she is getting more and more interactive during her alert periods. We saw her first true smiles (outside of sleep) a couple weeks ago, but now they're getting to be a frequent occurence. She loves the spot where we change her diaper--on our bathroom counter, right next to the mirror. She stares up at the lights, or looks into the mirror, and smiles and cooes away (as long as she isn't anxious for milk or sleep--then she screams her head off!). This girl doesn't cry much, but when she does it is loud!
Birth story still to come sometime. I can't believe it was 6 weeks ago!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Joab Meyer said...

very cute. can't wait to read the story!!!

Michelle said...

I don't know how its possible, but she just gets cuter and cuter!

allisonwardrip said...

Can't wait to hear about the birth story!