Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Day at the Beach



Annika and I went on our first beach outing of the year today. It's hard to believe we made it until the end of July without going! I think we'll be hitting the sand at least once a week now to make up for it. That may not sound like a lot for Southern Californians, but with the drive, the stuff to haul, the mess . . . I think once a week will be plenty. Annika had a great time in the gigantic sandbox, but she was less thrilled by the waves. I'm sure she'll get more comfortable in the ocean with time.



See that little patch of skin showing on her back? No sunscreen there--oops! Fortunately, the burn seems to be mild. As fair as she is, I feel good that we made it this far without any burns. I'm sporting my own burn on my shoulders--what I get for wearing a tank top in the middle of the day. I'll be more careful with both of us next time.

1 comment:

Espi, Lisa and Isabella said...

OooOoooOO Let me know when you are going so we can coordinate - it's handy to have an extra mum to keep the kids together :)