Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter 2008

Just like last year, this year's Easter turned out to be a gorgeous day.

For our family, the most important Easter tradition is attending Sunday morning worship service. Our church has a tradition where as part of the service, every family brings flowers forward to decorate the cross in celebration of Christ's resurrection. The end result is much prettier than you might imagine. You can't see much of it in this picture, but we took this family photo in front of the cross after the service.



(I was hoping for a picture that would document my pregnant belly--I really did look more pregnant in that dress than the picture shows :) )

Annika enjoyed wearing her fancy Easter dress and participating in the service. Daddy did a nice job getting her ready for church (he felt the pressure!), as I had to be there early to sing with our worship team.



After lunch and a nap, we joined a few other families for more celebration, with an Easter egg hunt and a very nice potluck dinner. Annika had a great time playing, egg-hunting, eating, and being with friends.









Annika said her favorite part was finding the Easter eggs. After we got home, we dumped out all the jelly beans (as you can see in one of the photos above, she did sample a few at the party) and put the empty eggs back in her basket to play with. They've been a big source of entertainment for her today, taking them in and out, carting them around, and declaring, "I have a FULL basket of eggs!"

2 comments:

Joab Meyer said...

Great pics! I love the cross and flowers idea. Ellen, you need to have about 4 more kids, you look just wonderful pregnant!

Michelle said...

Hi Ellen! It's Michelle from MOPS. Looks like a fun Easter. I love the pic of Annika holding the flower in her pretty Easter dress. Adorable!!