Tuesday, March 4, 2008

An Update

I see I've let an entire month go by without posting anything. Time for an update!

Zac's back is doing so much better. This is the best he's felt since it flared up on him almost a year ago. He still avoids sitting for any prolonged periods, but the pain is much less.

What has made the difference? First and foremost, we take it as a great big answer to prayer. (Thanks to all who have been praying!) But to be more specific, Zac started getting acupuncture treatments about a month ago and they seem to really be helping!

I'm 22 weeks along in my pregnancy and feeling good. I never did have any pregnancy sickness to speak of, and now I'm in that happy middle trimester where my hormones have balanced out, I'm clearly showing, feeling the baby, and life is good.

Another exciting thing for us--we have chosen a midwife whom we really like so far and are planning for a homebirth. I really wanted to be able to have this next baby at home (for many reasons--maybe I'll write a whole post on that another time), and I'm so grateful to be able to do it.

Annika is her same happy self, though she's definitely experiencing some of the frustrations of being two. I started to write about that and then decided it deserves its own post. I'll try to post more soon!

1 comment:

Joab Meyer said...

thanks for the update. Really glad Zach is better. Great news about the homebirth!