Annika has reached that age where she is very intrigued by the idea of death. She knows that if someone dies, it means we don't get to see them anymore. They are happy because they get to be with God, but we are sad because we don't get to see them. She's had this running scenario she tells, where she dies but a friend of hers comes to live with me so I won't be sad. Of course, I tell her I would still be very sad because I only have one Annika and I would always miss her. Tonight she tried out a different scenario:
Annika: Mommy, if Annika and Katia and Daddy all died at the same time, you would be very sad.
Me: I would be very sad! I would cry for days and weeks and months!
Annika: Why?
Me: Because you're the people I love the most in the whole world and I would be so sad.
Annika: Well, if just I died and Katia and Daddy didn't die, then you would still be a little bit happy.
Me: But I would still be very sad.
Annika: Dying is bad.
Me: Well, people dying makes us very sad.
Annika: Dying is bad and sad. Hey, (laughing) those rhyme together!
No comments:
Post a Comment