Monday, November 10, 2008

Annika logic

While I was getting Annika ready for bed tonight, Zac spotted a line of crayon on the wood floor in the living room. He called Annika over to look at it with him, and told her that she won't be able to have any crayons tomorrow, because we don't write on the floor with crayons. Annika burst into tears. As I took her to brush her teeth, she sobbed, "If I can't have any crayons
tomorrow, I won't be a little grirl anymore!" A moment later she tearfully expounded, "If I write on the floor, and Daddy says I can't have anymore crayons, then I won't be a little grirl anymore!" While she and I went to remove the crayon marks, she bitterly explained that if she couldn't color, she would just be an animal . . . a giraffe. Zac said, "If you're a giraffe, how will I kiss you with such a long neck?" He took over the bedtime duties from there, so that's the last I heard about it.

1 comment:

Preston and Angie said...

i want to hear how the coversation ended! i love kid logic and annika comes up with some good ones.